Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Many Bloodsuckers…(aka Politics)

I envy those of you who have perfected the art of protecting your heart.
Answer every personal question with the neutrality of a politician.
It must all be about tact and intuition.
If it is, I'm going to lose in this kind of game.
My heart's continually broken and disappointed, while theirs stay the same.

I tell you I like you
You say "haha ok"
What does that even mean?
I let that subject just fade away.
Later, I tell you "I love your smile,"
And you say "right back atchya."
Kind of a little better, but it's not enough to convince me that I could ever catch ya.
And I notice that I can't stop complementing you,
But when I hear one about me, it's just an echo of what I said to you.
I've never been one for subtlety or tact,
Just look at how I write, this is evidence of that.
I'm tired of all the political answers as if we were in a debate.
Please just tell me how you feel so I can either move on or feel great.

Creative Commons License
Many Bloodsuckers…(aka Politics) by http://no-ideas-original.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment