Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Know Best

I think I know best I was made in the likeness of you
I have my own plans
But I keep getting told you have a few of your own too

Always go with plan B
Because plan A never works out right
Plan A is optimistic
Plan B is grounded, and in sight
 
I know you have a plan
But I can’t help but feel that I know best
You stop me from the path I want to go
Just like a bulletproof vest
 
Or kind of like gravity
How you bring me back to Earth
I spread my arms and try to fly…
Landing soundly on the dirt
 
Not yet ready for your plan
I scream, shout, and cuss
In my mind, it’s been my time
To jump out the nest is a must
 
Hot headed and proud
I jump without looking down
And fall to my unmistakable doom
I close my eyes and to my surprise
You catch me
Reassuring me I will fly soon
 
Without a scratch
I see your love can’t be matched
So a new scheme to fly
Is what I have to hatch
 
One day our plans will line up
When?  I haven’t the slightest clue
Until then I will keep reaching for Mars
In hopes I will one day make it to the moon.

Creative Commons License
I Know Best by http://no-ideas-original.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment