Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dreamer


I’m a dreamer...
 
A daydreamer, so I rarely get enough sleep.  I stay up late at night, not wanting my dream to end.  Anything is possible; all I need is the courage to take the first step.  It’s a land of possibilities, a land of wonder.  I spend 2/3 of my life dreaming, it’s a wonder I get anything done.  Look back and see how much I dreamed compared to how many times I took action.  The former significantly outweighs the latter, be it because of fear or plain obliviousness due to my dreaming.
 
“Anything is possible; all I need is the courage to take the first step.”
 
I continue to remind myself that, but it always seems as though the first step is the hardest one to take.  As if I had shoes full of lead, but after that first step, the lead shoes are turned into skates and I glide my way through this dreamlike state I call life.
 
In my daydreams, I keep mostly to myself.  Try not to stand out, in fear I will be attacked by those around me.  And yet, day-dreaming gives me an overwhelming sense of freedom.  Who cares if I make a fool of myself or get rejected?  It doesn’t affect my real life.  Nothing’s real in a dream.  I just pretend like it never happened, and before I know it, it’s forgotten.
 
Every day when I start day-dreaming I can either decide to have a dream or a nightmare because I am the music maker, and I am the dreamer of dreams.  There’s always a silver lining, even in nightmares.  If you look hard enough, you will always find it shining through.  So no, I may not be the guy who everyone can’t help but love, but I am the unique guy who dreams of ordinary things with a little oomph, while everyone else is going through their mundane activities…I’m special…I’m a daydreamer.

Creative Commons License
Dreamer by http://no-ideas-original.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment